Sunglasses really serve two purposes. Not only do they protect the eyes from the sun’s glare, but they also enhance the wearer’s personal style. Their shape, color, design, and even the brand name says much about you and your preferences in terms of style. But what if you are also looking for sunglasses that are high on function, and not just on fashion?
Sunglasses – An Essential Accessory
According to the suppliers of discount sunglasses, Olympic Eyewear, sunglasses are not just a stylish accessory; they have a crucial function. Sunglasses protect the eyes from damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays, which can lead to long-term health problems such as cataracts and macular degeneration. Moreover, they prevent discomfort and distraction from the bright sun and glare, making tasks like driving safer.
Understanding Sunglasses Styles
Here’s a primer on the most popular styles of sunglasses:
- Aviators: Classic, versatile, and timeless, aviators work well with most face shapes and outfits.
- Wayfarers: These are the go-to choice for a casual, cool vibe. They work best on oval and square faces.
- Round sunglasses: A nod to the 60s and 70s, round sunglasses bring a vintage charm. They’re perfect for softening angular faces.
- Cat-eye: Cat-eye glasses are dramatic, feminine, and perfect for a bold style statement. They are particularly flattering on heart-shaped faces.
- Clubmasters: Also known as browline sunglasses, Clubmasters offer a retro, intellectual vibe. They’re versatile and work well on most face shapes.
- Wraparounds: If you’re into sports or outdoor activities, wraparounds provide excellent sun protection and stay snug on your face.
Match Your Sunglasses to the Occasion
With so many available styles, there really are a pair of sunglasses to suit every occasion.
- For a day at the beach: Go for oversized frames. Not only are they ultra-chic, but they also offer maximum sun protection. Consider lens colors like blue or green to reduce glare and eyestrain.
- For a casual day out: Aviators or wayfarers are a great choice. They are effortlessly cool and work well with casual outfits.
- For a formal event: Go for sophisticated styles like cat-eye or Clubmasters. Black or tortoiseshell frames can add a touch of elegance to your formal attire.
- For outdoor activities: Wraparound sunglasses or sports glasses are the way to go. They offer excellent sun and wind protection, and their snug fit ensures they won’t fall off during your activities.
Consider Frame Material and Durability
Different frame materials have different benefits:
- Plastic frames are lightweight and come in a variety of colors and styles. They’re generally less expensive but may not be as durable as other materials.
- Metal frames are sturdier and hold their shape better than plastic. They’re usually more comfortable and adjust better to your face.
- Nylon frames are tough, lightweight, and flexible. They’re excellent for sports sunglasses as they can bend without breaking and bounce back to their original shape.
- Polycarbonate frames are even more impact-resistant than nylon and relatively lightweight, making them another great choice for sports sunglasses.
- Titanium and other high-end metals are premium materials used in luxury sunglasses. These are extremely resistant to wear and tear, corrosion, and allergic reactions.
There really is a lot more to sunglasses than meets the eye. Whether you’re going for a beach day, a formal occasion, or a relaxed day, there is a pair of sunglasses perfect for you. It really isn’t just about fashion. It is also about protecting your eyes and seeing the world in a more comfortable way. A good pair of sunglasses can make a statement, protect your eyes, and give you the option to experience the world in bright or muted tones.